Dogs NSW have contacted their members to object to an Option proposed in the NSW animal welfare Taskforce 2012, an Option they themselves recommended, being an integral member of that Taskforce.
To be specific, they support Breeder Licencing for non Dogs NSW members, and want an EXEMPTION for themselves ( cynical us believe this would drive more membership applications, but that’s another matter).
They want “self-regulation”.: From their paper to members:
“Dogs NSW Breeders already have in place a well regulated system which provides for;
• Education and Training prior to the granting of a Breeder’s Prefix
• Proof of Residential Address verifying actual location of approved breeding premises
• Compulsory Microchipping prior to registration
• Availability of the Limited Register to restrict breeding of surplus animals
• A Code of Ethics which sets the highest standards in breeding practises and commits all Registered Breeders
to compliance with all relevant legislation
• A regulated investigation and inquiry program to deal with breaches of our Code
• A traceable Membership Number which can be used in puppy advertisements
The Taskforce proposal has the potential to add a further tier of registration on Dogs NSW Breeders
which would undoubtedly bring with it unnecessary and unjustifiable further regulation and costs. Dogs
NSW Members need to be one voice in opposing it. “
We think this is as good a time as any to reveal cracks in their “well regulated system” and breaches of their Code, and breaches of their “regulated investigation program” on breaches of their code, which we are told that they often ignore.
Action you can take:
If you have information, direct experience, or evidence, please post your story in the comments section below. We will never reveal your name or email details – all is confidential. Please, only FACTS and information, no exaggerations! We don’t want a legal letter from Dogs NSW ……..
And if they ARE squeaky clean, then that’s OK too!